” It is my honour and pleasure to share with you the medicine of Kambo – the medicine of the Green Monkey Tree frog. Straight from the Amazon jungle, sourced from local shamans, we offer you only the best quality medicine for these profound healing ceremonies. I am looking forward to sharing the powerful Green Light Heart medicine of the Kambo Spirit. This medicine is amazing in its ability to assist people to heal their bodies through traditional means.
– Peter Bowden
Kambo Medicine is a powerful aid to boost the immune system & detoxify the Mind, Body & Spirit. It helps remove heavy metals, toxins and dense energies from our Being.
The immune building effects experienced by Kambo often result in an improvement in general well-being and an ability to retain a state of un-compromised health for longer periods of time.
Some examples of what Kambo Medicine can aid:
The removal of heavy metals and toxins
The alleviation of pain, depression and addiction
Overcoming chronic viral infection
Relieving both emotional and physical traumas within our Being
and many more*
A small stick is made red hot and the top layer of skin is gently removed. The Kambo is then applied onto the superficial burn and absorbed into the body. Once applied, Kambo stimulates a purge while toxins and ‘bad luck’ or ‘panema’ are released out of the body.
A typical Kambo ceremony lasts about 2 hours for a private session and between 3-4 hours for a group session, depending on how many people are sitting with the medicine. The time spent in the peak of the cleansing and purgative process can be as short as 10 minutes and as long as a couple of hours.
The general timeline:
- Smudge + Cleanse
- Intention Setting
- Sharing Circle
- Kambo Medicine
- Optional Sananga (tree bark) eye drops and Rapee (tobacco) Medicine
- Closing + Sharing Circle
Peter’s Commitment To You
” My commitment to you as a client receiving Kambo with the Shamanic Earth Medicine team is to provide impeccable care and supervision prior to, during and after you receive the medicine of Kambocita.
I am also available to answer any questions or concerns you may have prior to, during and after the ceremony. I ensure that you will only receive Kambo that is sourced ethically and sustainably administered by a professionally trained facilitator. “
– Peter Bowden
What is Kambo?
Kambo or Sapo is the name given to the traditional Shamanic frog venom cleanse that is used to strengthen and heal mind, body and spirit. Kambo is a secretion from one of the largest Hylid frogs known as the Giant Green Monkey Tree Frog. It’s scientific name is Phyllomedusa Bicolor.
The frog is nocturnal and arboreal and due to the fact that it has no natural predators is found in abundance across the Upper Amazon rainforest areas of Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, and several other countries. The secretion of the Kambo frog has been used as a medicine amongst the Upper Amazonian peoples for millennia to gain strength, immunity and clarity of vision for hunting.
Italian scientist and Nobel Prize nominee, Vittorio Erspamer, described the Secretion from Phyllomedusa bicolor frog as ‘a fantastic chemical cocktail with potential medical applications, unequaled by any other amphibian’.
In 2004, ANVISA, the Agência Nacional de Vigilância Sanitária in Brazil prohibited any advertising of the medicinal and therapeutic benefits of Kambo. This was in response to representation made to the Brazilian government by the Katukina people with regard to intellectual property rights. Aside from this restriction, Kambo is legal everywhere in the world.
Now, the popularity and use of Kambo as a natural medicine is spreading worldwide. As the scientific and medical research into the secretion of the Phyllomedusa Bicolor grows, skilled practitioners are also developing new ways to work with this powerful medicine from the Amazonian Rainforest, allowing it to be accessible to people world wide.
What can I expect during my Kambo experience?
Once the Kambo is applied to the skin, a feeling of warmth immediately follows. The face, skin and core of your body will feel a heat within. The heart will beat slightly faster and ‘bigger’. Blood pressure will fall slightly. Relax into the experience. It is helpful to work with the breath: Inhale and receive the medicine with love and trust, exhale and surrender. It is a common experience that the throat may gently swell. This is normal. It will not swell shut. The face may also swell a little too. If you sit up straight throughout the experience and breath, most people experience no swelling. Simply relax into the cleansing sensations and allow the Spirit of Frog to purify and fortify you.
After a short while, you may feel like you have to purge. You will have a bucket handy and you will purge into the bucket. You may also need to go to the bathroom. You will be assisted to do so. After your purge, the Kambo dots will be removed from your body and the major part of your cleanse is over. Many people report feeling very peaceful immediately after the treatment and often the next day one feels amazing.
Please note this is not a process for recreational purposes and you may not experience a ‘high’ or sensations that are intense at all. For some, the medicine they need comes in a different form than they expect, so there are no guarantees or expectations placed upon the experience. Please ask for assistance from Peter or assistants during or after the process should you feel the need for more support.
What are the potential side effects?
- Intense physical sensations as your energetic channels open (e.g. eyes watering, burning sensations, body vibrating, etc).
- Intense emotions
- Feeling sick or nauseous
- Bowel movements
- Excess saliva
This is ALL normal — stuck energy, toxins and sickness are being released from your energetic and physical bodies. You may need a bucket, tissues and drinking water close at hand. You may even experience none of these effects.
Who is Kambo for?
- people who are looking to open their heart
- people who want to shift through depression and anxiety
- people who want to detox their body and soul
- people who want to boost their immune system to overcome any sorts of disease
- people who need to clear their bodies from toxins
- people with high blood pressure
- people who want dense energy removed
- people who want to be free of energetic attachments
- some chronic diseases and some stages of cancer.
Who Kambo not for?
*Please Note: If you have or are experiencing any of the following, it is important that you outline this in your registration form.
- If you have any serious heart problems or had any heart surgeries.
- If you are taking any immune suppressants for an organ transplant.
- If you have any aneurisms, haemmorages or blood clots.
- If you have low blood pressure that requires medication.
- If you have Addison’s disease.
- If you are undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy two weeks prior to the session and four weeks after the session.
- If you are trying to conceive, are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby under nine months.
- If you are menstruating at the time of treatment, Kambo may well cause the flow to increase for 24-36 hours because it contains powerful vasodilators.
- If you are diabetic it’s important to discuss your treatment in advance.
- Serious mental health conditions, regardless of whether or not you are taking medication. The only exception to this is depression. In most cases it is usually completely safe for you to continue taking your normal medication but please outline this in the registration form.
- Anyone under 18 years of age.
What is the origin of Kambo?
Are frogs harmed in Kambo collection?
Rapé (pronounced ha-peh) is a sacred and powerful plant medicine with deep healing, purifying and centering qualities which has been used for centuries by Brazilian indigenous tribes such as the Huni Kuin, Yawanawa and Nukini. The Rapé is a powdered mixture made from finely ground Mapacho tobacco and ingredients or ash from various medicinal plants and is blown into both nostrils of the nose through a bamboo tube (Tepi).
Some examples of what Rapè can aid:
Physical & energetic cleaning
Centring the mind
Clearing the consciousness
Cleaning the pineal gland
Increasing focus & concentration during meditation
What is the process?
As this is snuff we also ask that you do not swallow the powder but instead you spit it into the bucket/tissue that is provided otherwise this can lead to nausea/vomiting.
This process may then be followed by drumming, rattling, singing, sacred smoke and other support determined by the Medicine Person. This will aid you in clearing energies, moving you through different experiences and empowering your being whilst also helping you wake up and remember.
What I expect during the whole experience?
A feeling of reconnection to self, Mother Earth and the Spirit Plant Allies.
- Feeling more awake and heart centred, as if they have let go and remembered things.
- Profoundly helps to re-align and open all the chakras (energy centres)
- Improves your grounding
- Releases any sickness on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels
- Opens up the third eye to more visual clarity, as it decalcifies the pineal gland
- Clears any mental confusion
- Releases any negative thoughts
- Removes any entities
- Connects you to your sacred breath
- Elevates your connection with Spirit.
There may also be additional insights, wisdom or connections that are related to the ceremony.
What are the potential side effects?
- ntense physical sensations (especially in sinus & head). As your energetic channels open you may experience sensations (heat, tingling, burning).
- Intense emotions (happiness and love, to sadness and grief)
- Feeling nauseous or sick
- The need to release (burp, purge/vomit, bowel movements, cry, laugh, sing).
- Excess saliva
- Brief discomfort and watery eyes.
This is ALL normal — stuck energy, toxins and sickness are being released from your energetic and physical bodies. You may need a bucket, toilet tissue and drinking water close at hand. You may even experience none of these effects.’
Who is it for?
If you are ready to reclaim this knowledge, empower your being and transcend blockages, the spirit of Tobacco will awaken this deeper sense of self within.
Working with this medicine will help you move through any challenges, ground and open yourself more to the connection with Mother Earth and your authentic self.
Who is it not for?
However – you would be more suited for a private session instead of a group session so you can receive individualised support from the Medicine Person.
Please note this is not a process for a recreational purpose and you may not experience anything like a “high” or sensations that are intense at all. For some, the medicine they need comes in a different form than they expect, so there are no guarantees or expectations placed upon the experience.
Set your intention clearly for what you would like to let go of, or allow more in. Please ask for assistance from the Medicine Person or assistants during or after the process should you feel the need for more support.
Please be mindful that you do not eat anything 2 – 3 hours prior to this ceremony, however, you may drink clear fluids.